Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lord_chaos blood consume corpse
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Guilds, Classes, Professions
Elexander
After much testing on the part of our many LoC on the server, we determined that this command requires 15% Charms of Chaos mastery to function.

And, it's great! I don't need to bother with dragging around a shovel all day.

(In related news, Kiss of Death, Chaos Bolt, and Acid Rain are great ways to raise your Charms mastery.)
Pharm
QUOTE(elexander @ Nov 28 2006, 04:06 PM) [snapback]53[/snapback]

After much testing on the part of our many LoC on the server, we determined that this command requires 15% Charms of Chaos mastery to function.

And, it's great! I don't need to bother with dragging around a shovel all day.

(In related news, Kiss of Death, Chaos Bolt, and Acid Rain are great ways to raise your Charms mastery.)

Have 15% charm mastery, but didn't get consume corpse, so it must be 15.xx% at least, have 22% wrath too.

Artea
What does this kiss of death actually do? I see mobs shivering during battle every so often when an LoC uses it. So I'm assuming some sort of damage?
Jutom
It increases the dam from loc stuff (or so ive heard) for atleast vampiric blow.
Fil
QUOTE(artea @ Nov 28 2006, 04:51 PM) [snapback]75[/snapback]

What does this kiss of death actually do? I see mobs shivering during battle every so often when an LoC uses it. So I'm assuming some sort of damage?

increases damage (vb at least?) and also gives back some hp/sp/ep after mob dies.

also can make vb extra spammy, which after discussing with Venomwwa, is the key to making a guild cool.
Ramjett
Templars have spammy Lay hands .. that's very not cool :P
Fil
QUOTE(ramjett @ Nov 28 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]131[/snapback]

it has to be all at once spam, like barso sabre is super cool cause one round can take your entire screen, mage is super cool cause there are like 4 things to tack on to the end of a spell, templars loh is not cool cause its just the same line over and over again :D
Jumbo
QUOTE(ramjett @ Nov 28 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]131[/snapback]

Spammy?

CODE
The kiss you blew on Construction Worker's cheek flies back to your lips.
The cruelty of your actions replenishes your lost strength and increases your
    attachment to Chaos.
Because of the low amount of unidle players you receive some additional
experience for your kill.
You score a KILLING BLOW on Construction Worker!
You feel you have released moderate amounts of destructive energy.
YUCH, Construction Worker's entrails spill all over the place.
Construction Worker is DEAD, R.I.P.

Now that's spammy rip message. ;)
Elexander
Here is what Kiss of Death seems to do, from my experience:

1) Provide power for Aura of Hate

2) Seriously help out the rate at which we gain our masteries (but maybe that's just because I use it so much)

3) Make monsters more succeptible to our skills and spells, such as Vampiric Blow, Bloodlust, Chaos Bolt, and Acid Rain, or, alternatively, increase the damage they take from them

4) Increase in power as skill is gained. This is shown by different "lands on their cheek, leaving a whatever hue" color. The darker, the better. (Mine is hovering around 80% right now, and it's Dark Blue.)

Numbers 1, 2, and 3 above are speculation. Number 4 is accurate, at least regarding the fact that the color changes. The idea that it therefore increases in power is speculation.

As for the 15% thing, here's what I know for certain:
lord_chaos blood consume corpse did not work for me at 14% charms, 20ish % Wrath
lord_chaos blood consume corpse did work for me at 18% charms, 24-ish % wrath (I didn't try it for a long time, so I can't be any more specific.)

I got 15% as the magic number because someone on the LoC channel said theirs started working at 15% Charms, and because 15% seemed like a nice place to peg it.

What do masteries do?

The biggest thing masteries have seemed to do for me is to steadily and certainly increase the damage I do with my skills and, in the case of Vampiric Blow, allow me to get not only HP, but also SP and possibly even EP back, but increase the amounts gained from each successful VB.

My best thus far was a 79 HP return on VB (solely for hit points) and a 54 HP 54 SP return on a mob I hadn't even Kissed. Also, the amounts returned seem to be slightly better tied to the VB emotes. For example, I don't seem to get 5 HP back on MASSIVEs but 35 HP back on 'weak thrust" as often as I used to. In general, I seem to be get the lower amounts of HP from the lower damage messages and the greater amounts of HP from the high damage messages.

Bear in mind, all of this evidence is empirical, not collected in a controlled manner, and altered by my own perceptions. Only Juggelo knows for sure how all this works!
Elexander
Regarding Kiss and VB:

I can almostcertainly confirm that our masteries and/or kiss drain EP from mobs as well as HP and SP. Either that, or they reduce the EP drain of our skills. Take a look.

Raven Guard barely scrapes you making small marks.
hp: 827 (929) [-35] sp: 353 (353) [] ep: 329 (361) cash: 3955 [] exp: 42292 []
You are prepared to do the skill.
Your blow impacts with chaotic force...
Screaming hellishly, you HACK and HACK at Barbarian from every angle. Glowing
with energy, Stabbitha exults as it greedily sucks into the core of
Barbarian's lifeforce. Your hands crackle with power as this energy renews
your strength.
You utilize chaotic force to the fullest, and the energy of Barbarian flows
freely into you through Stabbitha!
hp: 837 (929) [+10] sp: 353 (353) [] ep: 312 (361) cash: 3955 [] exp: 42292 []

So, 17 EP for a VB. Either I got a tick in there somehow, or it didn't cost as much EP. You decide.
Elexander
Aha! Proof!

Hp:506/880 Sp:213/353 Ep:145/311 >Green mantis pushes you.
hp: 478 (880) [-28] sp: 213 (353) [] ep: 145 (311) cash: 0 [] exp: 35179 []
You are prepared to do the skill.
Your blow impacts with chaotic force...
A blanket of rage shuts out all but Green mantis. Sensing its every move, you
slash it with a series of powerful blows that leaves it reeling backwards in
complete disarray. Wave upon wave of healing spreads through your body.
Green mantis' face twitches as it remembers the kiss of death.
Your blow lands with merciless cruelty.
You utilize chaotic force to the fullest, and the energy of Green mantis flows
freely into you through Stabbitha!
The kiss you blew on Green mantis' cheek flies back to your lips.
The cruelty of your actions replenishes your lost strength and increases your
attachment to Chaos.
Because of the low amount of unidle players you receive some additional
experience for your kill.
Green mantis's skull splits wide open, revealing some mushy-green substance.
Green mantis is DEAD, R.I.P.
get all from corpse
lord_chaos blood consume corpse
lord_chaos save
look
hp: 533 (880) [+55] sp: 268 (353) [+55] ep: 173 (311) cash: 0 [] exp: 38372 [+3193]
Jumbo
Has anyone tested aura enough to tell how much dam it does and are there any "side effects"?
Fil
QUOTE(Jumbo @ Dec 8 2006, 09:44 AM) [snapback]471[/snapback]

Has anyone tested aura enough to tell how much dam it does and are there any "side effects"?

i was doing a few arena runs with Venomwwa, and he said my Aura (60 or 70% with 11% Charm) was only doing a few damage each time it went off. Not fantastic but we didn't do really detailed attempts at checking, maybe after this new stuff gets done I'll try again. I assume it's fairly crappy at the moment due to my low masteries.
Elexander
I did some testing with somebody...Jacen, maybe?... and the damaged ranged from 1 to 8 HP per swing.

Mind you, that's per successful attack against on the person using the aura.

(Meaning, the monster hitting you will take damage when they hit you, and only when they hit you.)

I'm not sure how parry figures into that. I don't recall if a parry happened during our testing.
Fil
QUOTE(Elexander @ Dec 18 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]559[/snapback]

I did some testing with somebody...Jacen, maybe?... and the damaged ranged from 1 to 8 HP per swing.

Mind you, that's per successful attack against on the person using the aura.

(Meaning, the monster hitting you will take damage when they hit you, and only when they hit you.)

I'm not sure how parry figures into that. I don't recall if a parry happened during our testing.

so, so far, we only know it sucks :D anyone have any good news about it, ie. it gets awesomeness at a certain point? or at least less expensive/better damage. doesn't have to be awesome, but 1 extra damage when i get hit doesn't seem too hot atm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.