Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BatClient development continues.. v1.41-
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
Amarth
Just thought to post a small follow-up on the matters, even though I'm quite busy ATM. Haven't even had time to respond to all of the threads on this board (at least yet). We're 'all' back from the summer vacations, so the development continues. I have provided the developers with a list of 14 Open Issues/Feature Requests/Bugs etc. deriving from v1.41 or earlier versions.

As these get to be worked on, we're planning on implementing a great deal of NEW features to keep the development on the right track towards Phase 2. It's really a tricky job to maintain a good balance on all the possible facets of development, but I think we're faring pretty well, considering resource availability.

The "ON THE HORIZON" information inside the Client gives a pretty good eyeful of what is to be expected through (many of) the future releases. If you don't like the sound of those, don't worry - we have plenty of other things in mind aswell.

Amarth Shadowstring
Lead designer, BatClient
Amarth
A quick note, I have read *all* of the forum's (latest) threads through once again. Many of you have a keen eye and have found quite many of the things that the Development is working on. Some items were also added, based on your perception of the Client. We're at 19 Open Issues/Feature Requests/Bugs, which does not yet warrant a full version as most of them are corrections or enhancements to the functionality already designated for earlier versions.

However, it is really important to receive this feedback from You, the Players. I'm sorry that I cannot promise that all of the Feature requests would be implemented, but if any truly Excellent ones arrive, don't be surprised to see them getting included.

As for the Scheduling, I'm holding a small (internal) design meeting next week in order to get clearer visibility of where we should be heading to with the graphical side of the Game Client. In case the amount of work to produce 1.5 is too much for this "sprint", we may aswell release 1.42 first with many of the fixes asked for on this board.

Yours,

Amarth Shadowstring
Lead designer, BatClient
Amarth
In case you're wondering what's going on, read:

http://www.bat.org/news/view_post.php?post...oup_name=inform

this newspost contains also some teasers on what's coming for Batclient in the near future. Today, we had a major turnstone in the project as some of the new graphics got into the "Release candidate" status. There's still quite a few things to do before the next version is released.

So there will be no "bug fix" version as of now, without us introducing more features at the same time.

Yours,
The Producer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.