Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newb Command help
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Newbie help
troubled
Looking for some help with commands. I've got "two severed heads of a rat" in my inventory but I can't seem to give them to the NPC that wants to buy them from me? I've tried:

Give two severed heads of a rat to allan
Give ratheads to allan
Give two ratheads to allan
Ect . . .

Each time the command line tells me that I have nothing called that. The "help give" function doesn't really offer much in the way of advice and i'm sure it's just a matter of wording.

any advice?

thanx
Ooga
QUOTE(troubled @ Sep 15 2007, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1030[/snapback]
Looking for some help with commands. I've got "two severed heads of a rat" in my inventory but I can't seem to give them to the NPC that wants to buy them from me? I've tried:

Give ratheads to allan
Ect . . .

Each time the command line tells me that I have nothing called that. The "help give" function doesn't really offer much in the way of advice and i'm sure it's just a matter of wording.
any advice?

thanx

give head,head 2 to allan
give all head to allan
give head to allan;give head to allan
2 give head to allan
Hellvasara
QUOTE(troubled @ Sep 15 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]1030[/snapback]

Give ratheads to allan
Ect . . .

any advice?

thanx

You had those ratheads in your keep. 'help keep'
Rigger
Two things to note to make things easier in future.

Bat will always make an item plural if you have more than one of it, but you only work with the single name. This is true for items that are already plural.

So you could have one:
A bunch of grapes

or two

Two a bunch of grapeses (might be grapes's not sure how the game changes it).

Either way you have to use "grapes"

(There are some exceptions where things are put into a stack etc.-- A stack of 50 copper rods -- this can be changed with stack, or one at a time with rod)

If you can't lick it, you can't give it.

If you are unsure of the word to use with an item, try licking it too see if the word that you are using are correct.

Example
Inventory:
An Iron longsword
A big sharp pointy stick named "bunnyslicer"
A Brass long sword

lick stick
>you don't have any stick
lick longsword
>you don't have any longsword
lick sword
>you lick sword An Iron longsword
lick sword 2
> you lick A big sharp pointy stick named "bunnyslicer"
lick bunnyslicer
> you lick A big sharp pointy stick named "bunnyslicer"

So from above, you can do things with -- A big sharp pointy stick named "bunnyslicer" -- by either using the term sword 2, or bunnyslicer

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.