Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugs in 1.61
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
Astrax
As there isn't a thread for this yet.

---
There seems to be a bug when the current view of a window suddenly jumps up (or backwards) a lot every now and then.

This can happen in every textwindow and I'd guess it has something to do with clearing the backlog-buffer of old lines. I don't think it has anything to do with any specific input, so you can try to reproduce it by filling the buffer and see what happens then.

It's really not that severe as the text jumps back to normal when new text comes, but still an annoyance.
Actraiser
QUOTE(Astrax @ Mar 12 2008, 12:30 AM) [snapback]1249[/snapback]
It's really not that severe as the text jumps back to normal when new text comes, but still an annoyance.

.. and very scary when you're in a fight :)

I cant seem to be able to move 'mytell's anywhere, they are always in the main tab/window.. am I doing it wrong? D:
Astrax
QUOTE(Actraiser @ Mar 12 2008, 03:38 PM) [snapback]1250[/snapback]
I cant seem to be able to move 'mytell's anywhere, they are always in the main tab/window.. am I doing it wrong? D:

If I understood correctly, you want your own tells also to another window?

Your tells don't go to the tell-channel by default, but you can make them go there with 'set duplex_tell on'. After that they go where you want them to. And I think that there's no such thing as mytell-channel.

I find this also much more logical, so maybe that setting could be on by default for new characters..?
Actraiser
QUOTE(Astrax @ Mar 12 2008, 06:26 PM) [snapback]1251[/snapback]
Your tells don't go to the tell-channel by default, but you can make them go there with 'set duplex_tell on'. After that they go where you want them to. And I think that there's no such thing as mytell-channel.

Thanks, that worked.

What about this?
CODE
Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``spell();'' : Method Invocation clientGUI.printText : at Line: 15 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``/**  * spellnames.bcs - Spell naming trigger  *   * This set of triggers appends . . . '' : clientGUI .printText ( "general" , vars .get ( 0 ) + " (" + argument + ")\n" )

Called from method: spell : at Line: 1 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``spell();'' : spell ( )
Target exception: java.lang.StackOverflowError

Got that when somebody casted Melodical Embracement. I guess it has something to do with the spellnames trigger (found from the batclient help-->..-->examples), iirc I havent edited it at all..
The trigger works fine otherwise.
Torc
QUOTE(Actraiser @ Mar 16 2008, 12:57 AM) [snapback]1255[/snapback]
What about this?
CODE
Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``spell();'' : Method Invocation clientGUI.printText : at Line: 15 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``/**  * spellnames.bcs - Spell naming trigger  *   * This set of triggers appends . . . '' : clientGUI .printText ( "general" , vars .get ( 0 ) + " (" + argument + ")\n" )

Called from method: spell : at Line: 1 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``spell();'' : spell ( )
Target exception: java.lang.StackOverflowError

Got that when somebody casted Melodical Embracement. I guess it has something to do with the spellnames trigger (found from the batclient help-->..-->examples), iirc I havent edited it at all..
The trigger works fine otherwise.

The trigger works only if you have 'cutter 100' or so. With cutter off it bugs when someone casts a spell that usually has more than one line.
Astrax
About hilite.

As a feature request I'd like to get some /hilite show -command, which would list all hilites. Ok of course there's the /triglist, but still. That list gets awfully long pretty easily.

Also the hilites that are supposed to color only the matching part work only if you create the regexp so that there is a capturing group, ie. 'oak' doesn't work, but '(oak)' works. For hiliting "all" both regexps work. Even though this is logical when you think how it might be done internally, it sould be changed or at least the correct usage written to the triggers-helpfile.

And also, if there is something matching a hilite in outworld room desc, the map goes all black and white. Don't know if this is easy to fix or worth fixing.

ps uptune elf epregen so I don't have to whine about these
Astrax
About logging.

There is some bug when the client opens a logfile to where it has already written. The new logs will always have an extra newline after each line. This applies to all windows/channels.

I haven't tested if it's like this also when you reconnect without closing the client.

Platform OS X, Java 1.5.0_13
Rigger
Here are a few issues (which may not be new) that I have found.

1. Can't right click copy in script editor (CTRL+C works).

2. /scriptreload removes all boot script loaded triggers and does not reload them (this may be because of the void bootup() ?) even so it says loaded OK when you do a reload, but then anything loaded at boot fails. I had to restart the client to get my scripts to work again.

3. (this may be unique to my system) I found that when a channel/generic window is short (less than half the screen) that I cannot enter text into any of the add channel/rename tab etc. text boxes.

4. Can we see the list (perhaps in a no-reply sticky in this forum) of things that are 'on the list to fix/implement''? This would avoid multiple reports.

I think there is more, but I'll add them as i remember
Actraiser
If you put 'Always on Top' on for main window and then press esc the quit confirmation window will go below the main window. (you can confirm the quit by just pressing enter but still..)
Niliz
While trying to set up the 'Action buttons' bar in bat client for my mage spells, I ran in to some strange behaviour. Maybe someone can try this as well and see if it's a reproducable bug:

The top row buttons all correspond nicely to my function keys F1..F12. The actions I've put on the second set of action buttons seem to have a bug in the shortcut keys:

- Button 1 to 3 are linked to SHIFT-F1 to SHIFT-F3
- Button 4 to 12 are linked to CTRL-F4 to CTRL-F12

Kind of confusing when you want to access them without having to use your mouse.

Cheers,

Niliz.
Amarth
QUOTE(Rigger @ Mar 24 2008, 02:37 AM) [snapback]1265[/snapback]
1. Can't right click copy in script editor (CTRL+C works).

2. /scriptreload removes all boot script loaded triggers and does not reload them (this may be because of the void bootup() ?) even so it says loaded OK when you do a reload, but then anything loaded at boot fails. I had to restart the client to get my scripts to work again.

3. (this may be unique to my system) I found that when a channel/generic window is short (less than half the screen) that I cannot enter text into any of the add channel/rename tab etc. text boxes.

Noted. Thank you for these.

Btw, number #3 is not unique to your system..definite bug.

Also, sorry but we do not (as of now) publish the "upcoming features" on the message board...it is only available to the developers of the game for the time being.

Amarth
QUOTE(Actraiser @ Mar 26 2008, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1268[/snapback]
If you put 'Always on Top' on for main window and then press esc the quit confirmation window will go below the main window. (you can confirm the quit by just pressing enter but still..)

Sheesh. You know, this is one of the things where 'reality hits' as a developer..when you think you've introduced something utterly nice...you end up introducing also this kind of side-effects. Of course, we should've foreseen this, tested this and fixed this before release, but alas, we're stranded on resources. Will get fixed for next release.
Rigger
QUOTE(Amarth @ Apr 16 2008, 01:02 AM) [snapback]1291[/snapback]
Also, sorry but we do not (as of now) publish the "upcoming features" on the message board...it is only available to the developers of the game for the time being.

That's fair, I was meaning more along the lines of 'Known Issues and concerns' or 'Caveats'. Things that don't work correctly and have been identified. As mudders are resourceful folks I think having this info would help them get more out of the client. A list could be made from comments on the client channel and posts here, but an offical one would help the people looking to help improve the client by identifying issues.

I understand if the answer is still no, I just wanted to clarify my request.
Amarth
QUOTE(Rigger @ Mar 24 2008, 02:37 AM) [snapback]1265[/snapback]

A comment from the devroom:
"If you reload scripts it removes the triggers from the trigger manager. Then you must do a /scriptboot (i think) to get the bootup() method in each script to load its triggers."
Fitsio
The ö characters seem to disappear in tells, party channel and perhaps in somewhere else too. The character might show or might not, so it doesn't happen consistently.
Also interesting is that if you tell to yourself the character show in you tell, but not in tells you -part.
Example:
>tell fitsio abcdö
Fitsio tells you 'abcd'
You tell Fitsio 'abcdö'

Doing that multiple times resulted in couple tells with all characters in place.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.