Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ReincSim2
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > General game-related chat
Nosunrise
Let's put a topic here too so I wont spam in-game news too much on changes.
Post ideas, bugs, etc here, so that when I make a new bug I wont get swamped with tells :)

So now what should work is:
- Exp-costs
- Quests
- Boons
- Awarded training points
- Reinc saving
- EP,HP and SPmaxes (>95% accuracy)
- And the User Interface in general.

These don't work:
- Some guild stat bonuses are missing, and about half of raceguilds
- Some skills/spells are missing costs (666 as expcost, send me 'cost train/study xxx' if you have it)

List of current To-Do's:
  • Fix Rebirths to race guilds (Done)
  • Add exp subtotals for guilds (Done)
  • Fix discount for levels with two quests and also training points (Done)
  • Make quest list a bit more clear (Done?)
  • Aelena to civilized bg (Done)
  • Move rebirth selection to first in order?
  • Fix skill/spell maxes not to change to new racemax if old value was racemax, when race is changed. (Done?)
  • Fix "feature" with refresh-button
List of missing/incomlete guild bonuses:
  • nun
  • kharim
List of missing raceguild bonuses:
  • Penguin
  • Valar
  • Moomin
Nosunrise
Hello,

Made some changes today:
- Quests now show a level or "AQ" in front of their names
- Skill and spell training gap is now 5% instead of 10%
- HP-maxes are even more accurate (more info still needed though)
- Abilities have their expworths listed also

If you notice radical differences between you actual HP and that of ReincSim, please let me know.
Also, check 'blog nosunrise' the next time you reinc. I still need many guilds and races :)

SP-maxes up next. Oh, and the slowness is caused by my shitty ISP. Let's hope someday reincsim gets
hosted on bat.org :)

Try the new spiffy URL: http://reincsim.batmudder.com
Blacksmith
FYI BatWiki has psi quest bonuses.
Nosunrise
Ok, thanks for the info.

Guild specials, quests and stuff I havent planned on doing... yet. So, for the time being add your bonuses through the
EQ fields. :P

About browsers.
So far I've had the best results with Opera, then Firefox and then with IE (surprise?).

Firefox has been known to "freeze" in one case. But I havent been able to reproduce this personally.
IE looks very shitty when you look at the skill/spell section. They're all stacked on top of each other, at least in IE6.

If you notice something strange happening, turn on Tools->Error Console (in firefox), or Tools->Advanced->Error console (in Opera). Dunno how its done in IE (surprise?). Or send me a tell of what you did and Ill try at home.

Nu
Some ideas:

1) Have a line to add spmax/hpmax/epmax manually. This would be for guild quests for example. Bard instrument is always +60hp for a str/con instrument, not tied to the con bonus. Folklorist quests can add to spmax directly I believe.

2) Save area/level quests to a profile so I don't have to check them each new reincsim.

3) In the stats section, have a line showing your base stats just from reaching level 30 or so. Otherwise, I go to adv. guild in game and type 'train' and have no idea how it matches up! I have no idea if I trained +30 or +40 strength!

4) A way to publish to a flat html file or so. Some way I can easily share with my friends.

-Nu
Niliz
I ran into problems with total exp cost calculations when changing race or tweaking skill/spellmaxes. It's kind of confusing that changing for example my spellmax from 95 to 100 with a boon, and then tweaking it to 98 changes all spells I've set at 100 to 98. Would be nicer to have that adjustment to spells as an option, or not at all.

When modifying a saved reinc, I was unable to lower the number of levels in a guild or SS. When removing an SS the simulator went totally nuts ;-)

Hope this helps, if you need more detailed information let me know.

Cheers,
Niliz.
Nosunrise
QUOTE(Nu @ May 6 2008, 02:03 AM) [snapback]1331[/snapback]
Some ideas:
1) Have a line to add spmax/hpmax/epmax manually. This would be for guild quests for example. Bard instrument is always +60hp for a str/con instrument, not tied to the con bonus. Folklorist quests can add to spmax directly I believe.

Will do someday.

2) Save area/level quests to a profile so I don't have to check them each new reincsim.

This I will not do. But! If we ever get hosted on bat.org, this information can be acquired from Mud. I have the functionality in place to do this.
Same goes for Task Points, Total Exps, Sailor Arr, Your Name :)

3) In the stats section, have a line showing your base stats just from reaching level 30 or so. Otherwise, I go to adv. guild in game and type 'train' and have no idea how it matches up! I have no idea if I trained +30 or +40 strength!

Maybe. Have to think of how not to clutter up the table.

4) A way to publish to a flat html file or so. Some way I can easily share with my friends.

Some day, some day... :)

QUOTE(Niliz @ May 6 2008, 05:42 PM) [snapback]1334[/snapback]
I ran into problems with total exp cost calculations when changing race or tweaking skill/spellmaxes. It's kind of confusing that changing for example my spellmax from 95 to 100 with a boon, and then tweaking it to 98 changes all spells I've set at 100 to 98. Would be nicer to have that adjustment to spells as an option, or not at all.

Yes, this has been reported by a few users. I will fix it. So, basically now if you have something at racemax (like 90) and change race, the value will change to the new racemax (for example 60)... and that just sucks.

When modifying a saved reinc, I was unable to lower the number of levels in a guild or SS. When removing an SS the simulator went totally nuts ;-)

This has been fixed.

Thanks for all the ideas and stuff. Keep'em coming :)

Nosunrise
Ok, did some caching to ReincSim. You should notice a considerable speed-up especially when changing races.

Also, quite a few new guildbonuses were added, background bonuses show beside skillnames, quest saved exp is shown and some minor fixes.

There's still some caching I could do, but it seems pretty bearable now and I'm lazy... we'll see. ;)
Nosunrise
IE6 stopped working sometime back.
I found the problem but I have no idea how to fix it. So, I'm taking the easy way out and saying: don't use IE6. :) IE7 works almost, just looks horrible.

Best bets are Firefox, Opera, anything non-Microsoft.

Did some minor fixes too and made it just a slight bit faster again.
Nosunrise
Today I fixed a rather sad bug (thanks to Superlapa for pointing it out), which must have affected all of you :(

When a race was changed the expcosts of all skill/spells were calculated by the old race's skill/spellmaxes. So you might have gotten odd exp-costs if the skill/spellmaxes differed a lot or you overtrained. However, if you changed something afterwards it was calculated with the correct racemax. My apologies for any fokked up reincs :P
Nosunrise
Added Kharim and a couple of small fixes. Enjoy!

ps. I'm, still missing Kharim guildbonuses, so next person to reinc into Kharim please log them for me. I'll pay some for your troubles :)
Nosunrise
Added some "view-my-shitty-reinc" functionality. Basically the page gives you a link you can share with others.
Do a reload before trying... otherwise the page will look horrible.

ps. still needing Kharim guildbonuses!
Nosunrise
Added a couple of new things:

1. Your exptotals are shown if you are signed to the exp plaque and logged in, otherwise you have 123456789 as totals :)
2. There are checkboxes for selecting and unselecting all easy, not very hard, challenging, very hard and IMPOSSIBLE quests. This should save you from some tedious quest clicking.

Let me know if something doesnt work or it looks bad, only tested in FireFox. I don't think I have enough energy to fix old IE's, so lets just say they're unsupported :)

Blacksmith
Could "save these quests" and "select my saved quests" feature be added? So when creating new reinc i can simply click one button and get all the quests that i have done.
koopa
I love this!

I also like to see feature to "give name" to reinc. So I could name my reincs like: tank,healer,uberchar...
Niliz
Not sure if this is already on your to-do / new feature list, but I think another nice feature for logged in users that are visible on the plaque:

- Select regain type (instant / fast / normal / slow)
- Play mode (safe / risky one)
- Date of last reinc

New totals calculated based on the selected options.
Nosunrise
Ok, a couple of answers:

- "a save these quests/select these quests" feature is not coming soon. Low priority atm.
- "Name this quest" is a good idea but would clutter the sim a bit. I'd rather have it just generate the name from selected guilds/race/level/whatnot. Give me ideas on good reincnames, currently its race, background and level i think.
- "date of last reinc, reincmode selection showing worth after taxes" A good idea but again would clutter the sim with two additional boxes.

The questlist and reincdate along with other cool features could be achieved if the sim were to get the data from mud. Theres been some talk of it couple years back. But its very problematic and timeconsuming, so dont count on it happening :)

But IF it were to happen, a good start would be:
- login with mud password
- char exp worth
- tp totals
- questlist
- last reincdate

Nosunrise
Coded the feature with levels with two quests.
Now you can choose both quests and will be awarded 1/3 expsave per quest. Currently awarding full trainingpoints until I check how much you actually get.

Also, fixed some typos, skillcosts, skill requirements.

Nosunrise
MinMaxers ahoy!

There's a new checkbox beside your race called "Leader". Check it and the sim will give you race leader bonuses to your stats!
This change should affect quite a few of you (how many races are there?) and give you something to shoot for :)

Let me know if something doesnt work. And log your raceguild bonuses the next time you reinc and earn some cash/credits.

Nosunrise
Hello!

I just added a new feature to Reincsim: The Equipment Simulator!

You can simulate three eq set with it and it will count their total weights, stats and taken slots for you. And they are saveable. Multislot eqs are chosen from the "Torso" slot. You have to manually add gained stats to the "Eq" line to get sp,hp bonuses calculated. This is because I cant guess which eq set you will be wearing, try to manage.

This "release" is the beta version. So test it at your own risk :)
Give me feedback on things that dont work, are cumbersome/slow, missing eq, wrong slots and new ideas.
I'm thinking of adding something in the lines of:
- calculator for mage and merchant feather weights
- a field for inventory weight
- this stuff to be shown in the "showreinc" page
- correcting some special eq like Alex amulet to guess the correct stat

So, I hope you enjoy it! Try it at eq.batmudder.com

edit:
The first ideas just came in:
- Show skillbonuses for eqs (done for parry and dodge, any other skill needed?)
- Dont show good/evil wear eqs for evil/good religs (bah, wont do these, too lazy :)
- wicked amulet to open tails slot
- sera shoes (Done, but updating levels wont update bonuses unless some eq is changed)
- lots of missing eq (bows for example) (done? bows,relics show also eq without stats but over 300k sac)
- thanatos ringband (set this to 3dam/3spr, live with it)
- Arms, bracelets, legs, feet slots bug after save/load (fixed?)
- Hiding option for the eq section (Done)
- Bard instruments and alch rings
- Sort Held slot by shields,bluds,relics,helds,etc (Done)
- Alex amulet (done, but stat updates wont update bonuses unless an eq is changed)
hipshot
An idea/suggestion:

I know the demand may be low, but I (and many other hc players) would GREATLY appreciate a Hardcore Bat reincsim. These days I use your reincsim for the guilds that are still mostly the same, but there is the background limitation issue, and guilds like mage, (old) locs, conju etc have been either removed or changed beyond what may still be used as reference for a HC-Bat reinc.

If this suggestion is at all interesting to you, I'd be glad to come with additional suggestions and ofcourse also any info about the old guilds (info/cost quotes etc) you may need.

By the way, I realize that this is something that would benefit only a handful of people.. but if you're interested then I'll help in any way I can :)
Anyway, that's all for now I suppose.. sorry about the messy post, I'm not used to forums :3

PS. I saw that this thread is a bit old (last update in Dec 2009), but I hope this gets to you anyways :3

-Hipshot.
Nosunrise
QUOTE (hipshot @ Aug 23 2010, 10:18 AM) *
An idea/suggestion:

I know the demand may be low, but I (and many other hc players) would GREATLY appreciate a Hardcore Bat reincsim. These days I use your reincsim for the guilds that are still mostly the same, but there is the background limitation issue, and guilds like mage, (old) locs, conju etc have been either removed or changed beyond what may still be used as reference for a HC-Bat reinc.

By the way, I realize that this is something that would benefit only a handful of people.. but if you're interested then I'll help in any way I can :)
Anyway, that's all for now I suppose.. sorry about the messy post, I'm not used to forums :3

Its entirely possible to do it. And maybe even with a reasonable amount of work.
First I'd need a description of how HCBat differs from flower.
- no background restrictions?
- better stats? (I'd need lots of examples of how con affects hpmax, wis/int spmax, etc)
- which guilds are currently missing. mage, loc, conju? I guess we could live with the new spells some guilds have got.
- anything else?

hipshot
We have no background restriction whatsoever, we can go civilized tigernun if we want to (this is actually quite popular).
We keep gaining stats every level upto lvl 75, which makes our base stats MUCH higher than those of normal Bat, although I'm not too sure where I'm gonna find exactly how much stats we get etc, but I'll try to find out.
I'm pretty sure we have the same hp/con and sp/wisint ratio as on normal Bat. Unfortunately the site most suitable for reference (with old racial stats and hp/sp ratios is down, but I'm working on finding another one).

As for the guilds, most guilds don't need to be changed (as you said, we could live with having the new spells in there too). We have the old Conjurers, Mages and LoC's, so those would need to be added from scratch. I think those are pretty much it though, admittedly I've gotta go through most of the old ("old" as in those that existed in 2001) guilds, and compare them to see if there are major changes or not.

At any rate, I'll update with some personal testing of HP and SP ratios just to make sure we have the same ratios as normal Bat does. I could also add a full list of our guilds and when/if possible also make note of important changes that would have to be made to skill/spell lists.

Edit: I should mention that it'll probably take a very long time to get accurate stats for every race, since we don't have the playerbase that normal Bat has. But to be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure that's necessary for us on HC.

-Hipshot
Nosunrise
Ok I removed all restrictions, found old copies of mages, conjus and locs and did some other minor stuff.
I still need info on those stats, but now you have a Beta at your disposal :)
Lets continue the HC ReincSim discussion here: HC Bat ReincSim
jillian
Not sure if you've done this but importing a character into hardcore or out of hardcore-but not allowing them to reverse (bounce back and forth)
Like a reincarnation of your character into a different bat.

If it's already been done sorry for bothering you and feel free to delete any and all of my random sleep/caffeine deprived posts. Like the one where the leech eats her babies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.