Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: unknown command
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Newbie help
someileas
greetings, i'm stuck in the game, every command i type in just return 'unknown command' please help can't quit or ld or anything.
Ooga
QUOTE(someileas @ Apr 20 2008, 04:15 AM) [snapback]1300[/snapback]
greetings, i'm stuck in the game, every command i type in just return 'unknown command' please help can't quit or ld or anything.

Well, I assume it's been a while since you sent this so you've gotten something figured out...but it sounds like you probably typed 'rep (something)'. What this does is prefix everything you type with (something). For example, if I want to paste a bunch of lines of a poem i wrote to one of my friends, I might type "rep tell friend", then paste the poem, then type '@rep' to end the effect. In-game, you can type 'help rep' for more details.

Also, in the future, if you ever get into a situation where what you're typing doesn't seem to be processed properly by the mud, try the following:
  • Turn off your mud-client's parsing (especially in zmud)
  • Prefix your command with '@@' (two @ signs). This will disable any mud-side parsing, you can even type commands like this to the mud from within the in-game editor for news, plan, whatever.

Those two things will let you get around the vast majority of problems such as delimeter problems, aliases, commands, rep, etc.
lanaka
I have the same problem. Everything I enter returns with "unknown command".

Typing '@@ [command]' does nothing.

I have reintsalled, deleted all files, re reinstalled and I get the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Blacksmith
Deleting files wont help if you have game sided problem.
type 'rep' and then 'newbie Does this work?'.
If that does not help, we need a wiz to look at you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.