Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A suggestion
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
Tim
From the point of view of someone who would like to customize the Batclient, and, potentially, write code that could be shared with others, I have a suggestion:

Now that the Batclient supports plugins, would it be possible if the features for plugins (and script and triggers etc) were developed so that all further client functionality could be built using only these features?

If any nice new features (and maybe some existing features), like the graphical displays of various things, were built only on top of the framework for customizing/extending the client, would that not be a reasonable way of ensuring that the framework is usable and supports the kind of range of operations that some of us would like to be able to do. This may also help with the flexibility of any additions to, or features of, the client to which some plugin/script interaction may be offered.

Is this a good idea?

Although the client does provide useful Java plugin support and beanshell scripting, I still can't help feeling that this functionality has been added on as an extra and just another feature rather than being core to the working of the client. This impression of the client is enforced by the peculiarities in the way that certain scripting/plugin features work, especially where there is no mention of these characteristics.

Tim
Amarth
It is a good idea-- I agree on that.

But as you suspect, the plugin framework was added in version 1.53 to Batclient...so naturally things have been done slightly different before that. Converting everything to what is suggested here with current resourcing is impossible. Sorry.

However, the whole team fully supports Batclient community created plugins and we wish to assist on the framework-side as much as we can.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.