• Eye candy creating wasted space.
    Main reason for this is that the bats and axes are the ones that create the boundaries of a window. Window boundaries should be determined by the actuall used space.

Also the grey settings bar is as wide as my screen that i cant resize, yet its buttons needs only 1/3 of the space it takes. Id rather have all the network, setting, help, time and ping behind a one button that is labeled with time & ping located in some corner. I never use anything from [network] as i get promted to log on when puting the client on and Alt+F4 is as good as any disconnect. Even better would be that if i have the [Action buttons] visible, the system menu would disaprear from the corner and transform to a extra button top of the buttons window.

• Alpha rendering scerwing things.
    Besides speeding up things like hell, turning alpha off enhances the problems with wasted space and layout.
    Here is a screeny for those that dont grasp what i mean.

Altough having some windows solid is good, turning alpha off should not create black borders around the window thus semingly forcing to keep transparency at zero to prevent those black borders. Alpha rendering should to used in the first place in anyother place than in the background of the window. Like earlier mentioned, the window should take only as much space as its active part needs it. the eye candy should be positioned top of those corners, but placed as under every other window. That way one could bring all windows close to each other without the eyecandy laying top of some other windos active area. Also it would allow user to turn alpha off without the result of poitnless black borders.

That way alpha 255 would give the same effect as having alpha off totally. Like this .
  • Channel problems
    Altough there is only one data stream coming from bat, if i divide it to multiple windows i no longer can log them all to one file. Also if i have anything that gets triggered, it will be triggered twice if the data stream is splitted to multiple windows.

Seems the client is handling the data stream bit ..stupid or at least it looks to do it so. It seems like the client reads the channel tags, echos the stream to approriate channels and then runs triggers on them. More efficient way would be to run the triggers on the stream the client gets and then echo the result to the windowes the user has flagged to recive the info. That way logging would be easy and triggers would not fire as many times as the data is echoed.

Some channels either have bugging channel tags or something else as reports are considered as part of party channel, yet messages in report channel are not.
    Also not all skill and spell using go to combat window. Progress, hastes, startings and part of nun blasts to name a few.
  • Map windows

Having the map window combined with the realm map would remove many minor issues. When travelin in outerworld the map window gives me less information than the realm map. When traveling inside of a area, depending if the area supports maps or not either both or just realm map is pointless.

If they would be combined, basicly having the area the character sees overlayd on the realm map, it would remove one window.
    I would also like to see that the realm map would look like in the artist maps then zoomed farther.

While looking realm map, one could also change the order characters avatar is drawn to prevent ghost avatars. Now if moved fast enough there will be a ghost avatar in the position the character was.
  • Status & party window
    The status window is nice and all but in that size, its bit way too big. Also when partying, i get my status info now twice.
    Combinding these two would be quite good call as then when i am not partying, the party window could show more info about me and when in party it would reduce info about myself to the same it is now and show same info about others.

The automatic part update info that the client does is nice, but alas its too slow to be used in combat. it should update after entrys, melee part, spells and round. Now it updates after spells and well thats kinda too late if entry took poor tank to 1hp already. If you are lazy, you simple reveal the hooks for party window and update it ourself by triggers from ps and pss. Because reinventing the wheel in coding simply sucks, like in any other work.

When character is sleeping/meditationg/camping the avatar should have the 'Zzz...' laid over it, not when stunned. When stunned it should have the stars and birds flying around, like teached in cartoons. If that is wanted to do real cool, the ammount of birds and stars would indicate the level of stunn.
  • Security issues
    Having character screwd up or lost or removed because some wannabee hacker was listening telnet trafic in pulbic area is quite a no-no. Some might even have information stored that is not related to bat on their characters.
  • Processing speed
    While forgeting the marginal differences modern languages have, the client does run slow. Is it a lack of optimization that is pending or some features or what but it does run slow compared to e.g. cmud that is coded in far inferior language.
  • Trigger config and marco multiplexing
    When logging in, the client could download (automagicly) from bat.org my triggers. When a trigger/macro/what not has passedthe batclient validation, there would be option to upload it to my trigger sets in bat.org.
This is the third time i am writing this post from scratch due crashes bat side and my side, so it might see some editing later.