Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Bat Client to work on XP 64 bit.
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
felgrath
Hello all,

I am new to bat mud, and took it as a challenge to get the client working on my XP64 machine. After a few hours I got something that will work.

First do the following.

Start-->Run-->regsvr32 urlmon.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Msjava.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Actxprxy.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Mshtml.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Browseui.dll
Start-->Run-->regsvr32 Shell32.dll

This lets the DLL's that Java uses act as a 32 bit DLL.

Then download the Java 5.0 Runtime Environment. When prompted choose custom install. Then change the directory to C:/program files/Java/Java. (You have to delete tie (x86) from the program files, and you cannot have any spaces, dashes, dots, or underscores in the final folder.) After it installs run and enjoy :)
Nosunrise
Thanks for the good tips! I actually bumped into this problem while at a friend's house and propmtly gave up :)
Maybe this is something the client should take into account in the future as 64bit might become more popular?
felgrath
QUOTE (Nosunrise @ Aug 30 2008, 08:58 AM) *
Thanks for the good tips! I actually bumped into this problem while at a friend's house and propmtly gave up :)
Maybe this is something the client should take into account in the future as 64bit might become more popular?

Yes, I would agree to a different, medium for the client. But the real issue lies with Sun not fully producing a 64 bit run time environment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.