Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mages, Money and Magic. OH MY!
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Newbie help
sirro
I've been playing Batmud about a month now maybe? And I've reincarnated like 3 times

Elf Civilised Background (Alchemist)
    Drow Evil Relig. Background (Priest)
    Wolfman Good Relig. (Monk)

But now i'm a Duck Mage and it's fun but i've found one problem. I only have a few levels in the first mage guild with some basic spells and I can exp just fine (Invis + Explore Woot!) HOWEVER!

How the hell do I get money? :(

Anyone know some good tricks? or something because I can't kill hardly anything (Not complaining either I knew Mage was going to be like this)

Anyway I can't advance without Money so any help tricks would be awesome :)

EDIT: I AM A MAJOR NEWB! Don't assume I know ANYTHING!
EDIT EDIT: Don't give me the Url to the guide. I've read it already :)
Blacksmith
Well some NPCs carry items of value like weapons or armours. Maybe you should explore and see which NPCs and carry their loot to shop.
Or you see what is sold on sales and learn how to do those items.
Rigger
QUOTE (sirro @ Sep 10 2008, 03:11 PM) *
But now i'm a Duck Mage and it's fun but i've found one problem. I only have a few levels in the first mage guild with some basic spells and I can exp just fine (Invis + Explore Woot!) HOWEVER!

How the hell do I get money? :(

If you are happy exploring, then leading may be your cup of tea too.

There are usually a few lower level tanks that you could party with.

You offer to lead, invis everyone , and cast your magic missiles. In return they are what is know in the trade as a 'meat wall'.

Doing this will let you kill mobs that alone neither of you could kill, also you get to sell the stuff. You'll only get 1/2 of the cash, but half of something is much better than all of nothing.

And as you gain levels as a mage, your party's power will increase significantly, letting you kill bigger monsters and get more cash.

The command to setup a party is 'party create <name>',

I would recommend that you read the help file on partying and get some meat walls to help you.
Calmar
One way to make money as newbie is to wander in areas where monsters have a lot of stuff on them and try to collect the expensive ones, as many of those areas are done by bigger players and they won't use time in sorting if this or that weapon is 500gp or 50gp. The problem is to find the areas and to know what stuff has value.

Floating disk hepls kinda lot if you can already get it.
Nu
Also, doing quests will give some cash. Not a lot, but something to keep in mind!

And donating blood in the Arelium hospital is a classic way too!

If you explore areas thoroughly, you might find syntaxes that will give you a little bit of cash once/boot or maybe a few times/boot or so. I'm not going to give away specifics on those though :)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.