Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spells that don't (dis)appear from the BatClient (v1.80) or 'show effects'
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
Blacksmith
    Missing totally from both features.
  • Beacon of Enlightenment
  • Enhanced Awareness
  • Floating disc
  • Force shield
  • Darkness
  • Light
  • Mental Watch
  • Mind store
  • Psionic shield
  • Psychic shackles
  • Spell empathy
  • Unstable Mutation

UNKNOWN SPELLs
  • Mirror image

Won't be cleared on quit from Buff frame.
  • MeTh (Mesmeric Threshold)
  • Invisibility
Rowen
Laying on hands unknown/unlim/doesn't disappear. water walking is...funky...but you know about that already :)
Torc
Glory of destruction and spirit drain don't show up at all.
Torc
Protection from good is shown as UNKNOWN SPELL in both buff frame and show effects. All prots seem to randomly stick in the buff frame even after they have dropped. They just go a bit transparent and show something like 00:00 or 00:05 left but they don't disappear. They do disappear from 'show effects' however.
Rigger
I found that Enrage didn't show in either.

If you loose link/LD over a boot it seems the buffs don't get cancelled from the client (show effects is correct) - perhaps the client needs to sinc from show effects every so often? Closing and reopening the client clears the buff list.

I havent tried this, but if you close the client with buffs on, then re-open it before they drop: will the buff list get repopulated?

After a DMP the icon for HW didn't drop, it was however removed from show effects list.
Ragnhild
Flame fists doesn't appear on show or on batclient.
Torc
Minor protection is shown as UNKNOWN SPELL in both show effects and client buff frame.
myrth
Hallucination shown as ulimit long after spell has worn off.
Amarth
* holding pattern doesn't wear off (ulimit)
* frenzy doesn't appear
Amarth
Gorge tells you 'ceremony does not show at all in the buff frame'
Blacksmith
Missing:
  • Conjure element & lesser
  • Mind store
  • Mental watch
  • (Psychic shackles)
  • (Floating disc)

UNKNOWN SPELL :
Psychic purge

Wrong time:
Spellteaching | For now

Wont dissapear:
Transmute self
Amarth
Iron Will doesn't seem to drop effect image either.
Amarth
"a tiny burning ring" throws an "UNKNOWN_SPELL" effect to Batclient effects window (but doesn't show by "show effects")
Tarken
I've been working on these for the past few weeks and here is a short update, the following have been fixed as reported above.

Enhanced awareness, darkness, light, psionic shield, mirror image, invisibility, water walking, glory of destruction, protection from good, enrage, heavy weight, flame fists, minor protection, hallucination, holding pattern, and frenzy.

If you find otherwise or find more, feel free to either post them here with a brief desc of the issue with it, or send me a tell in-game.
I hope this makes your BatClient experience ever more so pleasurable.

-- Tarken of the Wizlings
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.