Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Player analysis: what is wrong with batclient
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
taianhehku
-all windows are unclear because there is a background image and all windows are transparent

-tells, says and many channels are not automatically lited, every character created should have them lited i think(not really batclient issue)

-in the beginning sales channel has it own tabwindow, if you say something on sales channel you only see it in its own window, stuff said on

sales tabwindow should show in the main window and tabwindow should be for checking stuff

-main window+map window+battle window is bad compo, you basically need three eyes in worst scenario :D one eye to see map, one eye to see

whats in the room and one eye to see the battle. I don't think this is just something I could get used to.

-in general batclient default settings seem to present different possibilities to modify your client and are probably too confusing to new

players

-user is forced to use news window to read news, though I do see some point in the news window

-when reading news, some text still appear in main window, which should be in news window:
** updates [10/632]: (h or ? for help):
Enter your choice (h or ? for help):
(also if you press enter, empty line appears in main window)

-i think news window should close when you exit news

-some keyboard combo like alt-n to open network, settings, help menus and top be able choose stuff there pushing up/down keys and enter

-main window should be wider by default

-some key combos i'd suggest:
alt-keypad5 => map

travels:
alt-keypad4 => travel w
alt-keypad7 => travel nw
alt-keypad8 => travel n
alt-keypad9 => travel ne
alt-keypad6 => travel e
alt-keypad3 => travel se
alt-keypad2 => travel s
alt-keypad1 => travel sw

Walks:
ctrl-keypad4 => W
ctrl-keypad7 => NW
ctrl-keypad8 => N
ctrl-keypad9 => NE
ctrl-keypad6 => E
ctrl-keypad3 => SE
ctrl-keypad2 => S
ctrl-keypad1 => SW
Rigger
All these things are do-able and I think that most are subjective as to wether a newbie should have them configured as the default.

A couple of comments:
Three eyes are not required, the map window is only needed when moving, and the combat window pretty much gives you all the flavor of combat. Keep your eyes on the generic window and everything will work out.

I like the default liting idea, and perhaps have some of the triggers be automatically installed with the client (a thing that some newbies have a great deal of trouble doing).

As for the news window, I think that automatic minimizing would be a really nice option. But what I think would be even better is news navigation buttons at the bottom of the news window. That way, my old and feeble brain dosn't have to remember what to do.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.