Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A couple questions
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
snig
I had a couple questions 'bout the client!

For one, the tells tab only filters what people say to me. Is there a way to have it also filter what I tell people, so that all tells (to and fro) are in that tab, and not in the generic tab?

For two, is there a way (for channels like party and newbie) that i can type what i want to say in that tabs command line, hit enter, and it say it to that channel so that I don't have to type the channel name before what I'm trying to say?

Thanks! :}
Amarth
At the moment, sent tells (tells from you) are not stored in that window.

Talking to a specific (tabbed) window has not at least yet been introduced in the form you describe it. We have been evaluating this as a part of a larger change in order to improve the overall usability of the client.

Currently, if you're speaking on such as sales, you could such as issue a gameside "command sa sales $" in order to only type "sa <text>" instead of "sales <text>".

Within the client, the best bet currently is to use tab-completion for the word you're "not willing to type over and over".
snig
Ah, well thanks then.
Torc
There is a way to get outgoing tells in the tells tab: Just do 'set duplex_tell on' mudside.
snig
Much appreciated! I'm an organization nut. ;)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.