Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scripts/Triggers related: odd batclient java error
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
seed
Sourced file: inline evaluation of: ``run();'' : Method Invocation p.next : at Line: 182 : in file: inline evaluation of: ``///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // . . . '' : p .next ( )

Target exception: java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

no idea what it is about?
Amarth
Hi there,

can you explain where does this error occur? Can you reproduce it? Do you have plugins/scripts/triggers in use-- does this happen with a plain Batclient aswell?

Sorry for many questions, but we kind of need that info to be of any help. A full paste from your Java console would also help. (Operating system and java version etc.)
Torc
I'm sometimes getting this aswell. It's related to Era's prot script I think. Sometimes when $prots.p is called (like when someone tweaks you to see your prots) that error message pops up. After you wait a couple of seconds and try again and it works.
Era
Hi,

It seems somehow the prot list is getting updated while the tweak is happening. The lightweight iterator coughs up an exception in this case, and throws up the error seen above. Now, why the prot-situation changes in between, I'm not sure. Maybe some prot is just dropping, and the script-engine munches through it in between; maybe something else. I made a quick-fix, which just displays a friendly error. Does this happen often? If it does, I could maybe try to check into it further, and make the prot-trigs more parallel, but if it happens once every fortnight, it's probably best to let it be.

(New version at: http://wiz.bat.org/~era/batclient/prots.bcs as soon as the )

-Era
Torc
It doesn't happen that often, couple of times a day when playing a lot. The weird thing is that it usually happens several times in a row in a short window (<5 seconds).
Era
That often? Thousand damnations, I guess I'll have to try to figure out a proper fix. Back to work...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.