Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reset Windows to Default?
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
Rigger
This is a feature request.

Would it be possible to have a 'Default Windows' button somewhere, with an 'Are you sure?' prompt? This would reset all the windows to the default view that you get when first download the client.

I think this would help people who are new to the client and mess things up, people who just mess around too much and want to start again without deleting the whole client, and the occasional Indiana Wiz that breaks things when drunk.
Amarth
Correct, there is a way to 'Move all frames into view', but there exactly isn't an option to reset all windows to their default positions.

However, you can currently do this manually by deleting batclient\conf\desktop.xml and restarting batclient. Time will tell if this functionality will be built as a button into the actual client.
Rigger
I'm thinking more for the people who ignore the 'are you sure you want to close the generic window' prompt. And want to get the client easily back to a playable state without deleting files.

Perhaps a 'create default windows' option?
Amarth
Well, for that there is this "Settings -> Add window -> New generic window". But I do get your drift on the topic..
Amarth
This has been re-opened as feature track item #185. Will be included in the next release.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.