Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feature request to personal status window
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
koopa
I would like to see information of skills/spells I am using atm on "Personal status window"
Amarth
Could you please elaborate this wish?

(If you have the skill Essence eye, you see a progress meter in-game about the skill being used / spell casted.)
Rigger
I think I can elaborate:

cast info

You are using fourm at reply

This would be a very very cool addition to the status monitor.
Amarth
Is there a specific 'way' or a certain position in where you'd like to see this? As in below the "status" window or..?

At first I didn't like this idea, but I'm slowly warming to it.
Rigger
I think that however it's setup would be great. It should be easily identified, and have the target, so the two things identified seperatly should be:

use/cast <skill/spell> at <target>

Action: <skill/spell>
Target: <target>

There are two problems here:

1. Some skills are very short 'kick' and some are longer 'cardiac stimulation', this could be a problem with the size of the Action line.

2. Sometimes there is no target, sometimes it's as short as 'me' and other times it could be: 'onyx,turquoise,sunstone,olivine,opal,aquamarine,sapphire,ruby,malachite,jade
,emerald,chrysoberyl,amethyst,diamond,carnelian,alexandrite,garnet,bloodstone,mos
s agate,zircon,topaz,quartz,rhodonite,pearl in gems'
Showing that in a little window will be a cumbersome task.

There is always the option of not showing the target or cutting it at 20 chars or something.
koopa
But the cast/skill info can be taken from "cast info" command. Then just put it under hp/sp/ep bars.
wermine
I'll elaborate more. I'd like to see status bar under or over the prompt, like I had it in zMUD. It would contain info of my current cast status. Example lines:

Casting clw at Wermine: 1
Casting cancelled due movement
Casting cancelled due user abort
Using consider at monster
Using major heal at Wermine with ceremony: 2

Obviously skills won't let us know how many rounds they are going to take. Spells show rounds only if we would see them with essence eye.

I'd like to have status window also, which could contain random information and variables. If I can't have status bar with inbuilt cast status, I'd like to have at least empty status bar where I can define my own variables.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.