Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making money
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Newbie help
odefu
What are good ways to make money at the lower levels?
Tarken
At lower levels, a good way to make money is by visiting the newbie areas, killing monsters, and selling the items they drop. A popular one is newbie mines. If you explore a bit, you might find the source of some very lucrative scrolls. Also, you can make a fair bit just picking up the coins that other players drop.
odefu
Thanks, that's pretty much what I've been doing.
Rigger
Also, doing level quests and area quests will give you a quick shot in the arm as far as cash goes.
odefu
I think I'm doing quite okay in the money department. Now where should I spend it first? I've got some 60k at the moment. Should I buy a place in a city, or what?

dede
Since equipment you're carrying will save when you go ld, buying a city room shouldnt be your first concern. I suggest you get yourself weapons first and then start getting armours and other equipment.
odefu
Ok, thanks. I knew that the equipment saved over reboots, but didn't believe that it's a safe way to go. Need to start looking for information on different weapons and armor. :)
Rigger
The broker command is currently the best way to get equipment (other than killing the monster that has it). I would recommend doing a:

broker search <weapon>

This will list all the weapons of that name, a lot of them will be out of your price range, but you're likley to find something reasonable.

Also, broker search battlesuit, broker search o-yoroi, and broker search plate. should get you lists of armour that covers most of your body and works well for you. A spiked battlesuit, or diamond o-yoroi is a good choice for a new player tank.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.