Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update: Next release being planned
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
Amarth
Here's a small update for all the hardcore Batclient fans. On the game-side, BatMUD is getting a good spin on development in general, which indicates that there is no reason of not continuing the development of our unique client as well.

We've now proceeded into the actual planning stage of the next release of our beloved game client. While many earlier versions have taken major steps ahead in terms of "bringing new features" into play, this next version we're looking at the general usability, playability and some feature-fixing changes for the client.

We probably won't see the new version out within the next month or two yet, though. I have a long list of smaller enhancements and fixes on the way (not yet publicly available), but if you think you could contribute with something-- even something small, which should be different; don't hesistate to reply to this thread with your suggestions.

Regards,
Amarth Shadowstring

Balanced Alternative Techniques ry
http://www.bat.org/
koopa
"Casting/skilling to target with click of a button."

Like I make button that says "use chaotic spawn at TARGET" and batclient would change TARGET to enemy I am killing.
Amarth
QUOTE (koopa @ Jan 25 2009, 06:52 PM) *
"Casting/skilling to target with click of a button."

Like I make button that says "use chaotic spawn at TARGET" and batclient would change TARGET to enemy I am killing.

The above is already doable, for example, by creating an action button with "kill @selectedTarget" and then mouse-clicking any word you wish to target. (The word you click needs to have become highlighted for it to become the @selectedTarget.)

..or am I missing something from this request?
Dvough
Thanks for the update on the client. The client is a great addition to an amazing game, well done. I for one appreciate the continued development.

I have a feature request for the client. Perhaps when one clicks on an area flag in the Realm Map a pop up could occur. The purpose of the window would be an area for keeping notes So instead of having to visit the various websites for area info we would have a place keep our own notes and maps as we adventure and explore. Nothing fancy, it could be a command to open a text file when you click on the area name. The players themselves would of course be responsible for their own note taking.

Rigger
More predefined variables to aid gameplay. perhaps the following (also a list of predefined variables in help would be nice):

@partyleader
@party_x_y (where x_y is the party position)

Make macros so they can take input much like commands do, $* $1 etc.

Simplify the Trigger/Regex help files, new users usually want to match something pretty basic then perform an action because of it. A few examples in those lines would make the help a lot more usable ( I can try put a few things together if you like).

Change the examples in the menu, have an option to open them and another to save them to the the scripts folder (This sounds like catering to the stupid, but there are a LOT of people who have real issues doing this).

Monitor the scripts folder, when it changes bring up a promt <Your scripts have changed, do you wish to reload and bootup the scripts now?> and if yes is selected then perform /scriptreload and /scriptbootup are performed.
odefu
It would be nice if effects from skills that have a duration(for example chaotic spawn) could be shown in the effects area.
Amarth
QUOTE (Rigger @ Jan 26 2009, 05:08 PM) *
More predefined variables to aid gameplay. perhaps the following (also a list of predefined variables in help would be nice):

@partyleader
@party_x_y (where x_y is the party position)

Made it to the list, #201. In next release. (Investigating the other items a bit later.)
Rigger
How about some way of displaying what certain variables are?

@partyTarget could be a different background colour for that member in the party window?
Amarth
QUOTE (Rigger @ Feb 12 2009, 05:41 PM) *
How about some way of displaying what certain variables are?

There are several advancements already implemented in the next version for this.
Amarth
It seems that we're (currently) slightly ahead of schedule with the next upcoming version. Out of the 44 (currently planned) changes/fixes, we've completed 38-- the version that has these is now in internal testing.

As you may recall from my earlier post, the next version will consist mostly fixes to known issues (those that were known by us, those which you reported and a few more found along the way). There's a good set of "usability" and playability changes as well.

There's still a couple of items that we're looking at whether we should go ahead with: implement new features (items that are on the roadmap, but not yet included) still into the upcoming release.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.