Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: marking/painting text usability
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
Markuz
This is an enhancement request.

Please make the text selections from mud output stay when new lines come from mud.

It's very difficult, meaning one has to be very quick, to mark & copy text from mud output withouth scrolling back a bit (so that Scroll lock indicator appears). It's quite impossible when there's lots of action, eg. during a fight. The selection painted by mouse is lost on new mud output.

--M
Amarth
The idea how to do this is utilize the "scroll-lock" function which is enabled when you scroll the window upwards a bit. Then do the "copy - paste" chores.
Torc
I have to agree on this one, copying text is still quite painful even after the scroll lock was fixed. Quite often you have to copy the last output line which you of course cant see if you have scrolled the window up. Also it would be nice if you could select a whole line at once by clicking a bit left of it. This was possible in zMUD when I used to play with it and it was very handy.
Markuz
QUOTE (Amarth @ Mar 4 2009, 12:34 PM) *
The idea how to do this is utilize the "scroll-lock" function which is enabled when you scroll the window upwards a bit. Then do the "copy - paste" chores.

I guess this brings us also to my other feature request about not being able to see the current mud output when doing copy & paste -chores or just checking something from the buffer. Splitting the window on scroll-lock would solve this, except for the copying of the latest line from mud -issue Torc mentioned.

To enable user-friendly copying of the latest line would probably require some button/hotkey to toggle scroll-lock on and off. That might then again take away part of the usability or at least require a bit more learning for some people, imho.
Amarth
Yes, neither one of these are bad requests. We'll see if we can push in at least one for the next upcoming minor revision (v1.9x).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.