Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Minor suggestion
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
flammie
I'm not sure if this was already addressed so I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

Anyway:

During fights many players often use skills/spells. However, when it is shown in the battle window it appears as the same color as everything else, which makes it hard to spot if the skill/spell was successful. Especially for fighter types like myself, the battle log fills up quickly with multiple hits/misses from the opponent also.

So my suggestion is much like Critical Hits, display skill/spell results in another color to make it easier to spot.

You gash Cubic man causing a small wound.
You make a great stabbing maneuver, but your enemy blocks your attack. <-- skill result
You gash Cubic man causing a nasty laceration.
You slightly pierce Cubic man inducing a nasty lesion.
Cackling demonically you tear Cubic man making rib bones snap and crack. <-- critical
You slightly pierce Cubic man inducing a nasty lesion.
You slightly pierce Cubic man causing a nasty

I know it is easy to spot now, but during a battle you only have a few seconds before the battle log fills up again.

Thanks for reading.
Nosunrise
Some of this might have been already supported within the game.

help battle
help lite

With 'battle' you can cut down on battlespam and with 'lite' you can lite important things within the game... however i'm not sure if crits could be lited or not :)
If not, it certainly could be a good suggestion for improvement.
Markuz
QUOTE (Nosunrise @ Mar 8 2009, 04:43 PM) *
With 'battle' you can cut down on battlespam and with 'lite' you can lite important things within the game... however i'm not sure if crits could be lited or not :)
If not, it certainly could be a good suggestion for improvement.

Useful settings can also be found from
help style,
where one can already define styles for criticals and also stun messages, e.g.

style set BATTLE_CRIT underline LIGHT_RED
style set BATTLE_STUN LIGHT_YELLOW

Skills / spells styling would be a nice addition there, imo.
flammie
Yeah I was playing around with styling and couldn't change skill/spell color so I was just wondering about it. It would definitely be useful for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.