Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arelium Map in Batclient??
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
myrth
I don't know how difficult this would be to implement, but ever since I started playing Bat - about 1 month ago, I've wished for a larger in-client map of Arelium. I have noticed that other newbies also complain about how difficult it is to find one's way around town. While there is at least one very good map of Arelium available online, it would be nice if there could be one in the game client, as Arelium is much larger than most.

Would it be possible to have a map of Arelium come up in the Realms Map, once you enter Arelium? I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement this feature, but it would be incredibly nice and convenient.

Just a thought!

Amarth
It's a nice idea, but this kind of a map should perhaps come from the game itself (or as you stated, one can always use such as Ggr's http://tnsp.org/maps/arelium.html map instead). Otherwise I agree, newbies have a very limited visibility on their surroundings anyway...so navigating there cannot be easy for anyone new.

Currently we don't have plans of adding the described "city map" functionality to the client-- but anything would be doable gameside. Thus, you may want to request this on the "ideas-wanted" newsgroup in-game.

We have another "mapper"-project in the plans which is somewhat related to this (player created maps and mapping), but not what you're asking for. Currently, there is no ETA for this. If interested, you could query Glaurung in-game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.