With the addition of <continent> and <coords> to the prompt (and to an extent the sc) command, I was hoping to be able to capture the current position information within a batclient plugin.

Given this is a relatively recent addition, there might be something in the pipeline for the batclient. However, given that it seems that there seems to be no support for hp/sp/ep/maxhp/misshp etc, I fear not.

Anyway I thought, it should be easy enough to capture this information via a trigger, compiling a regular expression to match my prompt string and hey-presto, I have some location information.

Unfortunately, it seems that the prompt information never gets as far as the trigger, I guess the client itself is pruning it off to display at the bottom of the main window.

I had more success with the short score (sc) string, as this IS passed into the trigger function. Alas although this is 'reasonably' good most of the time when walking around the outer world, it isn't much good for sea travel. The reason for this is that sc ONLY updates when one of the sc specfic entries updates, eg, hp, diffhp (the {} ones). So if you've got full hp/sp/ep it won't change if you move until, say your ep alters a bit. Standing still on a ship while it moves could mean you get no updates.

So I'm a little stuck at the moment, but if anyone has any suggestions?