Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [WIP] [Script] Advanced Rip Action
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
baccano
Hey there!

[DESCRIPTION]
I'm working on an advanced rip action script. Pretty much done with it already but still want to tweak it before releasing. For the moment it allows to add, remove, enable, disable, reorder actions or sequences of actions. It saves itself everytime you modify your configuration to a file in the /conf/ folder of batclient, reloads at bootup.

You can use it mainly in two ways:
1) Have various sets of actions and select the one you want depending on your needs.
2) Have a sequence of action with parts you might want to switch on/off.
It might be possible in a later version to combine the two, in fact you sort of can already but it's not very smooth.

What I plan to do next:
- Sync the configuration to the usage of rip_action via triggers, means for example if you type rip_action clear it will also disable all the actions managed by this script.
- Allow for different "mode", like wait for some of your party member to suck the soul before burning the corpse.

[BUG]
While working on this I had to use the clientGUI.printText(channel, msg, color) method. No matter what I did the first letter of 'msg' is never colored, works fine for the rest. As a work around I made sure everytime I needed color the first character could be space.

[QUESTIONS]
- Talking about those modes I'm about to add, what are the more classical example of manualy triggered rip_action (like burn after soul)?
- What kind of feature I didn't listed you'd like to see provided by such a script?

Thank you for reading.
- Baccano
Nosunrise
One thing that comes to mind is Soul Ripper's soul suck. Basically you remove your real weapon, start sucking soul, wait and when soul has been sucked wield your real weapon. This is also tricky since you dont want to this in the middle of an ongoing combat...

Calmar
I did not really get the idea, how this differs from normal trigger?
baccano
To get the idea here's an example of mine:

$rip.show
CODE
[ ON  ] - ( 0 ) 'light torch;barbburn;extinguish torch'
[ OFF ] - ( 1 ) 'get all'
[ ON  ] - ( 2 ) 'drop mowgles;drop zinc;drop tin;drop copper;drop bronze'
[ ON  ] - ( 3 ) 'put mithril in hcoins;put anipium in hcoins;put batium in hcoins;put platinum in hcoins'
[ ON  ] - ( 4 ) 'give all to eta'
          rip_action is ON!

Eta's my mount, hcoins my purse. Can turn parts on and off at will. For example when partying but still looting I type $rip.off 3 in order not to mix the hcoins we get with those I had beforehand. When fighting in lumine I don't want to waste stamina so I turn 0 off and 1 on. When Eta's saddlebags are full, I turn 4 off, etc.

What I still have to do is to add the possibility to fire those actions after a specified trigger, like after soul suck. Not hard to do, just didn't take time to do it yet. Once it's done and commented I'll share.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.