Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still having Batmud client issues..
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Batclient
tiralem
I've tried Amarth's advice above (deleting java cache) deleting Batmud and reinstalling from his link. Deleted Java, then Batmud all together, then reinstalling java followed by Batmud and still nothing. the the Java7 screen comes up and loads then the batmud client "Starting application" window pops up and just goes away in a second or two and nothing after that. Ive been messing with it for two or three days now myself and can't seem to fix the issue. Can anyone help?
tiralem
Problem solved. ty.
nozo
Can you please post what resolved your problem with Batclient?

I have a friend, Gwynivere on here that created a character on her older Windows laptop. That laptop died and she got a macbook. Now, she can't get Batclient to work on the macbook.

I've had problems with Batclient a few times, but for me, deleting the cache almost always worked. I had to reinstall Batclient once, or maybe twice. It has been really stable for me for a few months now. I'm just looking for ideas to give to my friend so she can get in the game, but beyond deleting cache/reinstalling batclient, I don't know what to look at.

Thanks for any info you could provide!
keiluan
Hello

Could post that solution here?

I tried to download client, but after "Java 7" appears there is error "unable to launch application"( I never have had batmud client installed at my computer)

Other Java applications works fine, got latest version.

Tips are welcome,

BR,

Keiluan
Amarth
You could check whether your friend is running a firewall software that does not allow Java to make connections (e.g. Comodo firewall is notorious about this). When Batclient is launched through its Java Web Start feature, it automatically checks whether a new version is available.

This has been the most common issue as of late. Could also be about system permissions for Java, if you don't have any firewall running or enabled.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.