Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanderers
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Guilds, Classes, Professions
Jutom
Wanderers is the new navigator guild that can teleport you and your party between continents.
Thou there are spells, they are not cast normally. They are created by giving your magic into the vortex creation which starts to drain your magic. Other wanderers can help the strain by helping you in the process.

Currently the joining requirements are 1 level of navigators per level of wanderers and the special rooms.
First level is 1 nav and 17 special rooms.
Second level is 2 nav and 34 special rooms.
And the final level is 3 navs and 60 special rooms.

Those are the facts. Now to my findings.
1 level of wanderers is nothing. I currently havent been able to cast a single wanderer spell (thou I think it might have something to do with my low spellmax). And even with another wanderer whos also level 1, we couldnt afford to cast the spell. Thats right. I havent gotten to the part "you succeed / you fail". I run always out of sps.

<whine>Maybe the continent travel is only for those who know all the special rooms in the game and those who have gigamillions of cash to dump in boats or ferrys.</whine>

My advice: dont join wanderers if you dont get it to at least 2 levels.
Hellvasara
Well, for casual(normal?) players those special room requirements render the guild to useless/unreachable. So everyone who havent played for 5+ years and 10h a day got fucked once again. But that's nothing new really,, so lets stick to those unusable ferry's :(
Hrolf
Is there an easy way to tell how many spoecial rooms you have been to?
Pharm
QUOTE(Hrolf @ Dec 18 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]567[/snapback]

Is there an easy way to tell how many spoecial rooms you have been to?

Yes, go to the wanderer guild, and type info

Pharm
Fil
QUOTE(Hellvasara @ Dec 16 2006, 06:56 PM) [snapback]556[/snapback]

Well, for casual(normal?) players those special room requirements render the guild to useless/unreachable. So everyone who havent played for 5+ years and 10h a day got fucked once again. But that's nothing new really,, so lets stick to those unusable ferry's :(

i have 15 rooms before new world map and i'm anything but a super active player. also, there is at least 10(?) fairly easy rooms in my special room thread! add ones you know!

As for wanderers:
i have to agree that low spmax reincs with 1 wanderers just doesn't work. i have been able to cast escape velocity (the cheapest spell i believe) with fire/regen spell/decent amount of people in room/help from another wanderer. even that is rare that I have enough sp. With another level 1 wanderers I *think* that support vortex skill isn't as useful as say, xfer mana (my helper was druid, go Mikaiyla)

However! you gain skill points like any other skill, and i'm interested to see if i can get enough create vortex/rift channelling points to be able to cast it by myself or at least with more ease. so i'm not giving up on my 1 level. especially cause i hate doing cash! :)
Narril
Hi

I haven't tested wanderers yet, and got no real information about them myself.
But if this is true, that 1lvl wanderers can't even finalize their spells, why bother making the guild 3lvls?
And i must say, what the hell planar travelling has to do with some special rooms around realms?
Well, i got enough special rooms for my needs, but some clueless ppl that don't, might find this somekinda elite guild, wich is gay imho.
Sumendar
QUOTE(Narril @ Mar 13 2007, 12:05 PM) [snapback]790[/snapback]
But if this is true, that 1lvl wanderers can't even finalize their spells, why bother making the guild 3lvls?

Because every level away from "real" guilds on a 100lvl minmaxer counts.
Juo
I see some whinedemon has travelled around this realm back when you posted replies.

Coupla things:
- The amount of special rooms one has to find isn't fixed -- it's a certain percentile of special rooms visited in the game. Currently it's at 65.
- Level 1 wanderer can finalize spells. No problem with that if you've got spell points. Level 1 wanderer might seem a bit unusable, but it's actually a quite valuable resource in parties, since wanderers can create rifts together (vortex support).

I don't think the guild is useless or unreachable. It takes some work if you have never explored properly before, but hey, lotsa newbie areas have special explore rooms as well. It's not that hard at all to get even the current (18 for one level, 37 for two levels) special rooms requirement filled.

Wanderers sure as hell don't require 5 years of 10h+ per day playing.
Nosunrise
Yes, wanderers are by no means an impossible guild. That third level might require some heavy playing though :)

Check the list of special explores.
Out of that incomplete list at least 13 places are totally soloable and many are done with a small party.

Requirements at the time of writing were 18 specials for lvl1, 37 specials for lvl2 and 65 for lvl3.
You can check your specials by going to the guild and typing 'info'.

GUILD: wanderers

+-------------------+---------+
|SKILLS . / . LEVEL | 01 02 03|
|Absorb magic ......| 30 65 00|
|Create vortex .....| 30 65 00|
|Mastery of rifts ..| 30 65 00|
|Rift channelling ..| 30 65 00|
|Support vortex ....| 30 65 00|
|Vortex analysis ...| 30 65 00|

|SPELLS . / . LEVEL | 01 02 03|
|Dimensional vacuum | 30 65 00|
|Escape velocity ...| 30 65 00|
|Planar gate .......| 30 65 00|
|Slingshot vortex ..| 30 65 00|
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.