Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Considering the guides
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > Newbie help
Jutom
The old board had many different guides mostly about guilds and their 'secret' inner workings. Other guides speculated about ingame mechanics and Id like to see them back somehow, someway.

So I'll ask, whats will the wizards do to all those posts that could go near some top secret wizard-only info? Do you just shrug your shoulders and laugh at us or are you going to implement the gestapomethod of deleting all 'sensitive' material? Of course I'm not meaning some walkthroughs for quests, but for.ex. if I make a guide about tigers, which is a secret guild but everyone knows about it, would it be considered unwanted information on boards? Well, you should get the point by now.

(And all the highbies who fell of their chairs should pull their thumbs out of their asses and sniff it.)
Favorit
I'd say that we will control what is posted to certain extent, although I do not necessarily see a point in hiding game-wide known information.

Having said that, keep in mind that if you do a 'guide', you can, for inststance write a guilde about tigers, but ommit detailed description on how to join the guild, and such. At least this is my point of view.
Fil
QUOTE(Favorit @ Nov 28 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]21[/snapback]

I'd say that we will control what is posted to certain extent, although I do not necessarily see a point in hiding game-wide known information.

Having said that, keep in mind that if you do a 'guide', you can, for inststance write a guilde about tigers, but ommit detailed description on how to join the guild, and such. At least this is my point of view.

although i can't recall for sure, the guide was more, these are such and such spells, they do such and such, best to train this along with such and such spell.

the joining part was probably left out, as most people know/ask someone in game how to do that, but what about say, explaining tiger claw and what it does and what we think affects it, technically no non-tigers can read the spell description (same with spider spells) unless that has changed recently. is that all kosher too?
Favorit
You can post that in in-game news, so I see no reason to forbid it on the forums. If something goes overboard, we can always discuss it with the post owner.

In case post owner goes berserk, we'll force-moderate it :)
Calmar
QUOTE(Favorit @ Nov 28 2006, 02:54 PM) [snapback]37[/snapback]

You can post that in in-game news, so I see no reason to forbid it on the forums. If something goes overboard, we can always discuss it with the post owner.

In case post owner goes berserk, we'll force-moderate it :)

So we are quite safe to assume that old customs apply for information sharing.
Favorit
Yeah.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.