Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ambush tune
BatMUD > BatMUD forums > General game-related chat
Jutom
The ambush tune isnt necessarily so bad. It just makes you to change your tactics. But what really sucks is that too many agro mobs see invis. This might be totally intentional. Before the tune, there werent too many mobs that had seeinvis. If that is the mood with the new tune, the idea held of invis-moving and invis exploring (which I have never done myself..) has been totally turned around. I think the next step is that dest spells are to be randomized to 50% of mobs. Who wouldnt love a diggas bunny or a smurf that would dest?
Pharm
QUOTE(Jutom @ Nov 28 2006, 02:32 PM) [snapback]24[/snapback]

The ambush tune isnt necessarily so bad. It just makes you to change your tactics. But what really sucks is that too many agro mobs see invis. This might be totally intentional. Before the tune, there werent too many mobs that had seeinvis. If that is the mood with the new tune, the idea held of invis-moving and invis exploring (which I have never done myself..) has been totally turned around. I think the next step is that dest spells are to be randomized to 50% of mobs. Who wouldnt love a diggas bunny or a smurf that would dest?

Please, don't give them good ideas, they just might implement them. :)
Trandar
Still im not shure i like getting ambushed by 80 exp mobs.
But then again i try to see it as an uptune to ents :)

Trandar
Beliah
It's good that ambush is like it should be, delimeter-walk wasn't dependent of your race/guild/stats/skills etc. Of course it was downtune, but reasonable. Maybe coders don't want you to run through areas full of agroes so easily, as the see-invis tune seems to back up too.
Jutom
Yep. It just makes us adapt the whole moving thing again. Which surely will annoy some. Now we can just see when smurfs get dests.

Untill then, elämä on.
Artea
It's not really random when every single mob aggro mob sees invis. At least that has been the case with me and I come across a lot of aggros everyday!
Ramjett
QUOTE(artea @ Nov 28 2006, 04:35 PM) [snapback]59[/snapback]

It's not really random when every single mob aggro mob sees invis. At least that has been the case with me and I come across a lot of aggros everyday!

I just use roads :P
Jutom
Thats not true!! I saw couple of agros yesterday that werent seeinvis!
Artea
QUOTE(ramjett @ Nov 28 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]62[/snapback]

I just use roads :P

Yeah I tried roads too and then I got ambushed by donaru by an ugly magpie =(
Jutom
Ive never yet been ambushed by a magpie, only a giant drake. But I do have my alertness at 100%
Calmar
QUOTE(artea @ Nov 28 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]65[/snapback]

Yeah I tried roads too and then I got ambushed by donaru by an ugly magpie =(

Just some levels, alertness, size, dex, and int.
Hrolf
I think that part of this is to ballance the uptune of being able to see agro mobs not in your room when wandering around the outworld.

Also I'm pretty comfortable with the world being a little more dangerous, but I would like parties to get ambushed as a whole rather than leaving your blaster behind.
Hrolf
Wow, I just noticed the hard way that we can't see mobs in the outworld anymore. It is very dangerous to wander now.
Calmar
QUOTE(hrolf @ Nov 30 2006, 05:22 AM) [snapback]282[/snapback]

Wow, I just noticed the hard way that we can't see mobs in the outworld anymore. It is very dangerous to wander now.

Yes you can it isn't just 100% automatic anymore that you notice every monster wihtin 4 squares away.
Jutom
It never was 100% automatic. It depends on sight and such things?
Hrolf
Before I could see 100% of outworld mobs and now I can see none. But I think I can still see players.

Sight affected size of your viewing area, not what you could see in that area. It seems that this ahs changed.
Gore
Both monsters and players (unless invis) should be visible on the outerworld map.

Last night, someone recompiled the map system to add some features, and that caused some mobs to no longer show up on the map. Reboot should have fixed the situation though. So if the situation still persists, please let me know and we'll fix it.
Thorfinn
I imagine the intent behind more mobs having see invis was to decrease running through aggro mobs in eq areas, or to make it more dangerous at least. I kind of agree with it, but I feel it should be more related to the party. I'm sorry, but in a 10x10 room, one person should be able to slip by invis pretty easily. However, put 9 invis people in a 10x10 room and someone's going to notice.

Maybe code mob's see invis different from player version? Correct me if i'm wrong, but spell % for players just increases your chance of the spell going off and the duration of the spell. For mobs, have it set up to where it's always active but with only a % chance based on the mob's level or whatever that it actually works when someone enters the room invis, and that the % higher for every invis person that's in the room at the same time.

It would make things especially interesting...a 9 man waiting outside a room untill all the casts are finished...then having people run through 1 at a time, white knuckle grip on their keyboard while they pray that all make it through w/out being noticed by the mob.

And I admit fully that I have no clue if it can actually be implemented like that, or how difficult it would be(not being a coder), but THAT MANY MOBS going off on invis seems a bit gitchy, and what I suggested would flow a bit more with what I can only imagine the tune was intended for, which was to add danger to running about willy-nilly whilst invis.
Mape
AAAAARGH!
STFU! already!
This ambush tune is good. And thats it.
I think this game needs more drastic tunes! This whole game is too easy nowadays. There was a post in news, about newbies getting 300 or was it 400 Int easily? Awww c'mon! I bet it is true, and whats the fuken point? Everyone is able to grind eq/exp/e% as they please? GRRR! I say we need more challenge! Bring Up The Tunes! Bring up the force rebirth! Bring Up the Exp Conversion! CMOOOOOON!
'oh but it is not a newbie friendly' .. 'oh fuck you!' who is interested a game that is too easy to play?
imply game over->21lvl immort=)
harharharhar...

-Mazbulatov
Ooga
Hey...for the "random mobs get see invis" tune...what if instead, we did something where there was some "chance" to detect something invis that you can't see...tigers and thieves might get a 'sneak' skill that allows them to evade that (moving silently, not bumping into people), and better mastery of something could make an invis more reliable...this would make things a bit more fun..."I was able to sneak through the area myself just now...wonder if i can safely sneak the party through" or such.
Hrolf
QUOTE(Ooga @ Dec 2 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]397[/snapback]

Hey...for the "random mobs get see invis" tune...what if instead, we did something where there was some "chance" to detect something invis that you can't see...tigers and thieves might get a 'sneak' skill that allows them to evade that (moving silently, not bumping into people), and better mastery of something could make an invis more reliable...this would make things a bit more fun..."I was able to sneak through the area myself just now...wonder if i can safely sneak the party through" or such.

I like this idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.