Download Game! Currently 95 players and visitors. Last logged in:XoIberiamsspCroesusNyriori

BatMUD Forums > Newbie help >

23 Aug 2010 09:51

So, I've come across some info about SS abilities (like skillmax), namely that they have a maxed out level.. for example, an SS might have 20 levels, but you can only advance X amount of levels in skillmax.. making sense?

Anyway, what I'd like to know is what exactly is this max level, and is it the same for each ability? Or can I train, say, con all the way through these 20 SS levels?
Also, if there is a helpfile ingame that explains this, I'd love to know which (I couldn't find one).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It might be appropriate to mention that I'm asking this out of a HC-Bat point of view, but hopefully the SS mechanics aren't any different in normal Bat and HC-Bat.

-Hipshot
hipshot
17d, 12h, 22m, 52s old
Level:

23 Aug 2010 19:36

QUOTE (hipshot @ Aug 23 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, I've come across some info about SS abilities (like skillmax), namely that they have a maxed out level.. for example, an SS might have 20 levels, but you can only advance X amount of levels in skillmax.. making sense?

Anyway, what I'd like to know is what exactly is this max level, and is it the same for each ability? Or can I train, say, con all the way through these 20 SS levels?
Also, if there is a helpfile ingame that explains this, I'd love to know which (I couldn't find one).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: It might be appropriate to mention that I'm asking this out of a HC-Bat point of view, but hopefully the SS mechanics aren't any different in normal Bat and HC-Bat.

-Hipshot

I doubt there are differences in SS mechanics between HCBat and Flower.... so here's a brief description.
(there's a very outdated helpfile called 'help sociteties' which really needs to be updated, contact your friendly wiz to get it done :)

- You can take as many SS levels as you want, however one SS has a max of 20 levels.
- advancing SS levels doesnt cost cash.
- at each level you can choose only one (1) bonus which can be either a) statmax b) skillmax c) spellmax
- Training statmax costs exp
- You can train up to 29 + 1level's worth of statmax (theoretically gives you 40 statmax if you take the +11 bonus from level 20)
- I dont think there is a skill/spellmax cap

Nosunrise
W i z a r d
8y, 158d, 13h, 26m, 21s old
Level:
50 [Wizard]

25 Aug 2010 13:16

Actually you can also get +spesific skill/spell max but that is blast form the past when you could not train over skill/spellmax. So people had +parry and +dodge skills in ss.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H L Mencken
Calmar
N e w b i e  H e l p e r
299d, 4h, 40m, 2s old
Level: